Tuesday, February 03, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things...


I'm sitting here with Tali providing moral support while she completes a project for school. I miss my blog. I miss writing. I can't get out of the habit of writing everyday events into posts in my mind. Maybe it's time to put a few to paper. Miss you all. Have been hopping about, trying to catch up. I really miss each of your blogs and the individual perspective that they provide. Often times I come for a visit while I'm at work and can't really get into "comment mode."

I'll be around soon. That's both a promise and a threat.


On the collage above: Just some random photos that were saved as catching my eye. Wish that I had the proper info. to credit them. Go ahead, click on it and have a good look.

Also on the collage: When Tali asked what I was doing, I told her that I was just making a collage for a blog post. Her reply, "that's like something 70 year olds would do." I was both offended and amused all at once. "Well, I'm preparing myself" was my more terse than I planned to let on reply.

PS: I'm also terribly sorry about not returning comments on my previous posts. I've read and appreciated them all.

9 comments:

Tom & Icy said...

I was sort of expecting to see a YouTube video of someone singing that song in your title...

Doug The Una said...

So, Tali has reached the age of helping her mom to be cool. It's nice to see Simply Said updated. I hope you carry out your threat.

Anonymous said...

It is nice to see you again. I missed you. Your name is in my hat ;)
Ouch!!! Tali...that hit too close to home for me.

G said...

Tom&Amp/Icy: I was sort of humming it while I posted.

Yes, Doug - apparently I do need her help. Thanks.

Mo'a: Ooh so glad! I was hoping there was no "previous winners" disclaimer :) Don't worry, Mo'a, I set her straight for all of us!

tsduff said...

All of the pretty pictures in your collage describe the way I think of you... colorful, well rounded, eclectic and fun. Age 7 or 70 - I hope I'm as still creating beautiful things like you. I used to think 50 was old. I've since been enlightened. Have missed you too.
Love WCS xo

Anonymous said...

The pictures are wonderful
Hard to think of Tali needing moral support though we all do. Harder still to think of her mother as a 70 year old until she actually is--and then will be taken for 50 :)

Welcome back. Selfishly I hope you stay awhile

Ariel the Thief said...

Oh glasses. I love them, too.

No worry about answers! Just drop a post or two every once in a while. Was nice to hear from you!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, prepare yourself. Many more comments like this one of Tali's are coming your way. . . .

G said...

Terry, 50 is seeming younger every day :) I take that as a huge compliment coming from someone as creative as you! xo

Actonbell, the horeshoes I remember were by an ETSY artist - the beary vases I really can't recall. Thank you and come join me in getting old.

Pia, yeah don't be totally fooled by her - she still needs her Mommy. So do I, come to think of it. I clutter my computer with all of these different photos which I really need to clean up so sharing some was part of the process :) Selfish on my part too because I miss you all.

Ariel, that takes the pressure off :) I often need to have my perspective enlightened which is why I keep my foot in the door here.

Mrs. Weirsdo, I'm getting a very clear sense of that.