Saturday, March 01, 2008

SATURDAY SPIN

Rabbit rabbit and good luck in March! You can read a bit more about the folklore behind wishing people Rabbit Rabbit on the first of each month for good luck HERE. All I know is that the Pez folks do it and that's good enough for me.

The print is via Isabella's Art in ETSY.

On to the music - today I'm featuring a band who happens to have a sound reminiscent of a few other bands. I swore it was The Shins when I first heard the song featured in the video. They're called Band of Horses and they hail from South Carolina so I naturally have to give a shout out to my good friend Pia and wish her well in her travels to make a home there.

Here's the video for Is There a Ghost from their latest album, Cease to Begin, a title that I somehow relate to:



If you like what you see, go check out their MySpace for some more tunes and links.

Have a great weekend and good things to you in March.

7 comments:

Doug The Una said...

Rabbit rabbit!

I'll be back to hear the spin after today's story and maybe a hike are done, but for now I'm just delighted you're doing this here.

Anonymous said...

Rabbit, Rabbit...I will go back to listen to the music.

tsduff said...

RABBIT RABBIT! :) Very cute picture.

I too am so happy to see you still spinning over here - it was my favorite part of Snark. I listened to the Band of Horses on another YouTube from David Letterman after a few false starts (it wouldn't play for me) of the same song. A little repetitive for me, but overall nice sound. Wouldn't mind hearing a few different songs.

Happy March - spring is in the air.

G said...

Doug, rabbit, rabbit!

The spin's here all weekend. We're relaxed that way. I'm delighted if another set of ears listens :)


Mo'a, rabbit, rabbit! Enjoy!


Terry, rabbit rabbit!

It's a little more relaxed here because if I don't feel like doing it, well then I just won't. Yeah, would it have killed them to throw in a few more lyrics? Overall, the music and vocals tipped the scales in their favor. I have to listen to more of their music as well. Spring is in the air - the birdies told us so today.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Hey lil' g... rabbit rabbit!

Very cool video. You're right in that it had a Shins feel to it. Plus, I loves me a good pillow fight!

Ariel the Thief said...

Rabbit, rabbit!

I'll be back for the music, I have to run now. I'm late and the queen is going to behead me...

Ariel the Thief said...

The question is not if there's a ghost but how many ghosts are there. :-D